Welcome to the WPA 2015 Bucharest International Congress on Primary Care Mental Health: Innovation and Transdisciplinarity!
This innovative scientific event will take place on 24-27 June, 2015 at the Palace of the Parliament in Bucharest, ROMANIA. You are most cordially invited to join us!
The WPA 2015 Bucharest IC is a joint initiative of the World Psychiatric Association in collaboration with the Romanian Association of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, “Carol Davila” Medical University, Politehnica University of Bucharest, the National Society of Family Medicine and the Romanian Public Health and Health Management Association.
The WPA 2015 Bucharest IC’s goals and objectives are as follows:
• identify Central, Southeast Europe & Eurasia primary care mental health challenges and opportunities
• define the benefits of primary care, mental health & public health integration for individuals’ and populations’ health
• compare evidence of best practices & lessons learned
• stimulate educational, research, services, and policy collaborations at national and regional levels and across the life cycle
• strengthen health systems performance and enhance individuals’ and populations’ health through primary care mental health
• enhance access, quality and sustainability of health for all
The Congress is organized in plenary sessions, symposia, workshops, fora, oral presentations, and e-Posters. The scientific discourse will range from the latest neurosciences discoveries to health systems’ performance innovations, to non-communicable diseases, ICT, telemedicine, collaborative, integrated care and more. There will also be WPA Zonal and Sections Symposia, a WPA Organizational Forum and a WPA Intersectional, Scientific Forum. Colleagues from 60 countries are expected to participate.
A Young Health Professionals’ Track, inclusive of a course on collaborative and integrated care, will be part of this innovative, trans-disciplinary congress.
We look forward to welcoming you all in beautiful Bucharest in bloom, in June 2015!
With best wishes,
Professor Dinesh Bughra, Congress President
Professor Helen Herrman, Co-Chair Scientific Committee
Professor Eliot Sorel, Co-Chair Scientific Committee
Professor Masatoshi Takeda, Co-Chair Organizing Committee
Professor Aurel Nireştean, Co-Chair Organizing Committee